No More Jellyfish, Chickens or Wimps
Raising Secure, Assertive Kids in a Tough World
Break the Cycle of “Nice” Parents Raising “Nice” —but Weak— Kids
Today‘s children are more worried and fearful than children of previous generations, and well-intended parents are raising some of the culture’s wimpiest kids. Overprotective mothers and fathers teach their kids to live passively; kids, in turn, become less and less able to make decisions, to strengthen their minds, and to cultivate courage–upon which, wrote C.S. Lewis, all other virtues depend.
Paul Coughlin, father of three school-age children, longtime youth soccer coach, calls parents to bring up sons and daughters who will live out the whole spectrum of the abundant life Jesus came to give us. These children will not only know right from wrong, they will also embrace the integrity and courage to do what‘s right.
Insightful and practical, No More Jellyfish, Chickens, or Wimps will challenge you to spark a change for good in your children.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Timid Living: The Essence of the Problem
- What Happened to Courage and Integrity?
- Overprotective Parents, Underdeveloped Kids
- Links Between Over-Parenting and Social Disaster
- The Line Between Protection and Overprotection
- Spotting and Repelling Adult Predators
- The Dangers of a Nice Christian Upbringing
- Truth About Bullies and Victims
- Our Choice: Be Part of the Agony, or Part of the Answer
- The Protectors: Letting Faith Get in the Way
- Where, Parents, Shall Courage Be Found?
- Traits of the CourageousIncludes a Self-Test for Parents
Get a signed copy directly from Coughlin Ministries here. By purchasing your resources through Coughlin Ministries, you help others receive life-changing insights that create hope for life. Donations to Coughlin Ministries are now available through PayPal.